Family History

I was born on December 24, 1960 in Louisville, Kentucky at the Norton Hospital. My Mother is now in heaven and died in May of 1996 from smoking with complications in her lungs. When I was six my Dad left my Mother and gained custody of my Sister and I. My sister was born around 1965 and then a year later we moved to Harrodsburg Kentucky with my Aunt Mary and my Grandmother Mary. I lived with my Aunt Mary and my Grandmother for 2 years in Harrodsburg, Kentucky. Then at 8 years old my Dad remarried and we moved to Lexington, Kentucky to be with my step mother. After living in Lexington for 2 years we moved to Darien, Connecticut resulting from my Dads knew job with the telephone company. My Dad worked for General Telephone and Electronics and commuted to New York city everyday to his job. Then later on the company moved to Stamford, Connecticut and now this was a better situation for my Dad. After, the company moved to Stamford my Dad had more time for us and was glad he did not have commute to his job anymore in New York City. We moved to Darien, Connecticut around 1970 and I was in the third grade and was a student at Holmes School and I was about 10 or 11 years old. Then my step Brother was about 1 years old. My half brother was born sometime around 1970 in Lexington, Kentucky. I lived in Connecticut about eight years and enlisted in the United states Navy at the age of 18 years old. I went to Navy Boot Camp at Great Lakes Illinois and went to the fleet and became a Plankowner aboard the USS Thorn DD-88 home-ported in Charleston South Carolina. While in the Navy I worked toward getting my GED and then after my enlistment was over I enrolled at Brookhaven College. Also, I was a student at Video Technical Institute for a short while. Furthermore, I was a student at Dallas Christian College. After the Navy I moved to Dallas, Texas and moved back home with my parents. I enlisted in the Navy on 14JUN1979 and had a wonderful tour of duty. Then I served in the inactive reserves from 1983 to 1985 and completed my obligation to the Navy. I went to many places and saw many things. Then one day I decided to get on Greyhound Bus and move back to Lexington, Kentucky with my Mother. I came back to Lexington, around August 1987 and was at the age of 27 years old. I have lived in Lexington, Kentucky ever since that time. Now, I am part-time student at the University of Kentucky and enjoy higher learning. Also, I go to NAMI meetings and volunteered at the V.A. Medical Center and many other things as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s